Shweta Basu Prasad (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Shweta Basu Prasad is an Indian film and television actress. She acted in various movies and serials. She is best known for Makdee (2002), Vaah! Life Ho To Aisi (2005), Iqbal (2002) and Kotha Bangaru Lokam (2008). Prasad played female protagonist role in Star Plus television show Chandra Nandini in 2017.
Birth & Early Life
Shweta Basu Prasad was born on 11th January, 1991 to Anuj Prasad and Sarmistha Basu Prasad in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her father is a direction and acting Diploma holder from Shreeram Center, New Delhi. Her father is from Bihar and her mother is from West Bengal. Shweta has a younger brother named Rahul Basu Prasad. She completed her schooling from RN Podar School, Mumbai. Later she graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree. She currently lives in Mumbai.
|Real Name||Shweta Basu Prasad|
|Date of Birth||11 January 1991|
|Age (as in 2022)||31 Years|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Home Town||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Family||Father : Anuj Prasad
Mother : Sarmistha Basu Prasad
Brother : Rahul Basu Prasad (Younger)
Sister : Not Available
Husband : Rohit Mittal (m. 2018-19)
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Shweta started her career as a child actress in Hindi film and television series like Makdee in the year 2002. She won National Award for Best Child Actress for her excellent performance as Chunni and Munni in film. Later she got offer to work in several Hindi television show including Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Karishma Kaa Karishma. Apart from Hindi, she also worked in Tamil, Telugu and Bengali cinema. In 2005-06, she acted in Iqbal, Darna Zaroori Hai and Vaah! Life Ho To Aisi.
After being successful in the film industry, she took a break from acting for some time and started focusing on studies. While studying mass media, she made a documentary film on famous musicians including names like Shubha Mudgal, A R Rahman, Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma, Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia.
In 2017, Prasad rose to fame again in the acting industry with Star Plus’ popular television show Chandra Nandini, in which she appeared in the lead role of Nandini opposite Rajat Tokas. After this show, she worked on projects like The Tashkent Files, Shukranu, Ray and Hostages.
Education Details and More
|School||RN Podar School, Mumbai|
|College||Sikkim Manipal University (*Distance Education)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC)|
|Debut||Film : Makdee (2002; Hindi)
Kotha Bangaru Lokam (2008; Telugu)
|Awards||National Film Awards (2002; Best Child Actress)
Zee Cine Awards (2006; Best Actress)
Screen Awards (2006; Best Actress)
and many more
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 3″ Feet|
|Hobbies||Travel, Shopping, Singing and Dancing|
Shweta Basu Prasad was married to filmmaker Rohit Mittal on 13 December 2018. But after a year of marriage, she announced her separation with an Instagram post.
Marital Status and More
|Boyfriends||Rohit Mittal (Director)
|Marriage Date||13 December 2018|
|Controversies||Shweta was arrested for being involved in a high-profile prostitution racket. She was caught red-handed after the police raided a reputed hotel at Banjara Hills in Hyderabad on 31 August 2014.|
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Shweta Basu Prasad
- Shweta Basu Prasad was born in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand and later moved to Mumbai.
- She won the Best Supporting Actress Award at the 5th Karachi International Film Festival for her performance in Iqbal.
- Prasad got offer to play key role in Raj Kumar Santoshi’s Halla Bol and Madhur Bhandarkar’s Traffic Signal but her father reject because they wanted her to focus on her studies instead of being in the limelight.
- Apart from acting, she also worked worked as a script consultant at Phantom films.
- She was an assistant director to Anurag Kashyap for his short film “Clean Shaven” starring Radhika Apte and Satyadeep Misra.
- She also debuted in Tollywood film Kotha Bangaru Lokam.
- Prasad appeared as Urmila Bansal (supporting role) in Badrinath Ki Dulhania, a film by Shashank Khaitan and starring alongside Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan. Her other notable projects include Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota(2018), The Tashkent Files(2019) and Shukranu(2020).
- She also acted as a child artist in Karishma Ka Karishma and The Magic Make- up Box.
- She started her career as a child actor and got popular with her role in Star plus’s serial Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki.
- Prasad received Best Child Artist Award from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in 2002 for her role in Makdee.
- Her hobbies are dancing and reading.
- In 2008, she was nominated for Best Actress (Telugu) at Filmfare Awards South for the film Kotha Bangaru Lokam.
If you have more details about Shweta Basu Prasad. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.