- The freedom of the press is mentioned in one of the human rights.
- According to a resolution adopted at the United Nations General Assembly in 1993, the newspaper freedom day was adopted on May 3 annually.
- The United Nations has been declared a special day in the United Nations to commemorate the freedom of speech held in Article 19 of the Human Rights Charter.
- UNESCO claims that there should be freedom of the press to reveal fundamental rights. And also to protect the press and press freedom.
- World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on May 3 each year. The theme for this year’s World Press Freedom Day is “Media for Democracy” Journalism and Elections in Times of Disinformation
- The main celebration of World Press Freedom Day 2019 will take place in Addis Ababa, from 1 to 3 May 2019. The event will provide a platform for multiple actors to exchange on current issues, threats and achievements concerning freedom of the press
Writer Sujatha’s Birthday
- He was born on May 3, 1935.
- One of the most significant writers of Tamil Nadu.
- Sujatha’s first story appeared in the 1953 Shivaji Magazine.
- He is the author of short stories, novels, plays, sciences, poetry, articles, film story-texts, and television dramas.
- His short story “On the Left Corner” was released in the year 1962 in Kumudam in the name of Rangarajan. His wife’s name, Sujatha, was his nickname.
- Ayerathil irruvar
- Nylon rope
- A truce is death
- Three minutes Ganesh
- Vaswik Award for Electronic Voting Machine.
- Kalaimamani Award from the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Mylapore Academy award for Doordharshan best serial “Mahan Ramanujar”.
- Best Writer Award from Tamil Nadu Cinema Kalaimandram in the year of 1999.
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Film – Pandavar Bhoomi (2001)
- He was honored by the National Science Institute in 1993.
- He died on February 27, 2008.
Zagir Hussain Memorial Day
- He was born on February 8, 1897.
- He was the Third President of India, from 13 May 1967 until his death on 3 May 1969. An educationist and intellectual, Husain was the country’s first Muslim president, and also the first to die in office.
- He previously served as Governor of Bihar from 1957 to 1962 and as Vice President of India from 1962 to 1967.
- He was an excellent academic and talented administrator in the field of education.
- The Government of India honored him with the Padma Vibhushan award in 1954.
- In 1963, Bharat Ratna was awarded with the country’s highest award.
- He has been awarded with literary genius from Delhi, Calcutta,Aligarh and Cairo.
- He died on May 3, 1969.