- You can search, buy and download PS4 games direct from the Playstation Store.
- In the PS4 game library you can download games that you have already purchased.
- You can also download PS4 games from a web browser or the PS app.
PS4 games are available as game discs and as digital downloads. Unlike a game CD, which you simply insert into the console, digital PS4 games need to be downloaded before you can play them.
There are several ways to download games to your PS4, both directly on the console and remotely. Here’s how to download PS4 games in different ways.
How to download PS4 games
You can download PS4 games from the play station Store, the PS4 game library, a web browser, or the PlayStation app.
From the PlayStation Store:
If you haven’t already purchased the game you want to play, you’ll need to purchase and download it from PlayStation Store.
1. From your PS4 home screen, navigate to the PlayStation Store App and press the X button to open it.
2. Select the game you want to download and press X. This will bring up a screen with information about the game itself, including the prize (if applicable).
3. If you haven’t bought the game yet, select add to cart and press X. If you have already bought the game or if the game is free, To download will appear instead of add to cart – in this case select To download and press X.
4. After adding the desired game(s) to your cart, select Go to checkout and press X. You may need to enter your payment information if it hasn’t already been saved.
5. After entering your payment details, select Confirm purchase and press X.
6. Finally, on the next screen, select To download and press X.
From the PS4 game library:
If you’ve already bought a game, but haven’t installed it yet, the game will appear in your PS4 library. You must download the game from your library before you can play it.
1. From your PS4 home screen, navigate to the library app and press the X button to open it.
2. In the left sidebar, scroll down to Purchased and press X.
3. Navigate through the list of games until you find the one you want to download. Press X.
4. Select To download and press X. Your game should start downloading automatically.
Quick Tip: You will not be able to play the full game until the download and installation is complete. Your download speed can be affected by several factors, such as your internet speed and the amount of memory the game requires – larger games take longer.
From a web browser or the PS app:
To download games remotely, you must first enable automatic downloads on your PS4.
1. Navigate to Institutionsand then select Energy Saving Settings, then Set functions available in rest mode.
2. Select Stay connected to the internet and Enable Enable PS4 via Network to enable these features.
3. Then go back to Institutions. Select System, then Automatic downloads.
4. Check the boxes next to System software update files and Application Update Files.
Download games remotely by following these steps:
1. If you’re using a web browser, sign in to PlayStation.com. Select My PlayStation, then game library.If you’re using the PlayStation app, tap game library, then Purchased.
2. Select the game you want to download and then click or tap To download.
3. Choose your linked PS4 console as the destination for the download.
Stay Tuned with sarkariaresult for more Entertainment news.